Medigap Policy B provides Basic Benefits as well as Part A Deductible.
Medigap Basic Benefits
- Part A Hospital Coinsurance
- Days 61-90 of a hospital stay in each Medicare benefit period
- Days 91-150 of a hospital stay. Medicare will only pay for these 60 days once during your lifetime
- Additional Part A Hospital Benefits
- An extra 365 days of inpatient hospital care after you use your Original Medicare hospital benefits
- Part B Coinsurance
- Pays for the Part B coinsurance after you meet your annual deductible
- Part A and B Blood Coverage
- Pays for the first three pints of blood per calendar year
- Part A Hospice Coinsurance
- Pays for outpatient prescriptions drug and inpatient respite care coinsurance
Part A (Hospital Insurance)
The part of Medicare that pays for inpatient hospital stays, care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care and some home health care.