At a media briefing on 3/11/2020, the World Health Organization’s Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom announced that COVID-19 is now officially a pandemic.
How This Affects You
The CDC states that individuals with the following characteristics are at a higher risk of becoming very sick:
- Older adults
- Individuals with serious chronic medical conditions such as:
- Heart disease
- Lung disease
The CDC recommends that anyone with a higher risk take the following precautions:
- Talk with your doctor to make sure you are prepared
- Have supplies on hand (prescription medications, groceries, etc.)
- Have a plan for if you get sick
- Take everyday precautions such as:
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated areas (elevators, planes, theaters, etc.)
- Avoid all non-essential travel (plane trips, cruise ships, etc.)
- Limit handshaking
- Limit touching high-touch surfaces in public areas (door handles, handrails, etc.)
- Stay at home as much as possible
Read the details and find more tips on the CDC website here.
The team here at Plan Medigap understands that the threat is highest for the age demographic of most of our clients. We will do our best to keep you updated on your Medicare coverage as it pertains to COVID-19. We hope that you all stay healthy and as always, please call us if you have any questions regarding your health insurance needs!