Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plan
Is a Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plan right for you? Let us guide you step by step to see which plan fits your needs the best. Everyone is a unique case, so it is important to know all of your options. At Plan Medigap, we want to make sure our clients find the best plan with the lowest rates.
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) is a national federation of 39 independent, community-based and locally operated Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies. Most of the BCBS companies offer health insurance for individuals over 65. Throughout their 80-year history, the 39 Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies have provided millions of families with top-quality, affordable health insurance.
Blue Cross Blue Shield:
- Represents the nation’s oldest and largest family of health benefits companies
- BCBS brands are the most recognized in the health insurance industry
- Headquarters in Chicago with offices in Washington, D.C.
- Approximately 1,000 employees
- BCBSA Departments and National Programs
Collectively, the Blue Cross and Blue Shield System provides healthcare coverage for more than 98 million people or one-in-three Americans.
- 39 Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies
- Among the 20 largest employers in the U.S.
- Healthcare coverage available in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and in Puerto Rico
- Nationwide, more than 90 percent of hospitals and 80 percent of physicians contract with BCBS companies – more than any other insurer.